Tuesday 10 December 2013

20 Questions with Author, Rayna Noire

This month we meet author, Rayna Noire...
Rayna Noire


20 Questions

1. What are you best known for?

Hard to say. It depends on whom you talk to. My daughter would say it was for getting lost. I would like to be known for writing fiction featuring realistic Pagan Characters.

2. How did you get involved in your line of work?

I was writing straight romances about “traditional” people.  A Wiccan friend commented that she couldn't find any books featuring positive Pagan characters and I should write some.

3. What advice would you give someone just starting out in the same line of work?

Get connected with other Pagan authors, communities like the Pagan Writers Community, and search for opportunities to meet with other like-minded folks.

4. What was your last project?

Last project was Initiation, 

5. What’s next?

I am currently editing book two, Revelation. I am writing book three, Declaration. I have already plotted out the fourth book, Affirmation.  On December 6th, I was signing at The Book Rack,  in Kingsport, TN. USA

6. Name a person in the same line of work as you who you admire

Maggie Shayne. 

7. What one thing would you do if you knew that you could not fail?

I do have many ideas for books. I mean hundreds.

8. How do you want to be remembered?

I want people to think of me as an original thinker and willing to venture out into new territories.

9. What do you love/enjoy most about your work?

After editing, I enjoy reading what I wrote. It’s especially good if I can make myself cry. 

10. What was the strangest or funniest incident you’ve experienced?

I witnessed my grandfather die three years before it actually happened. That’s why I am convinced time is not linear.
I did also die this year, or so I was told by the paramedics, and was brought back to life.

11. What do you do in your spare time?

Spare time, what’s that? I garden, walk in the woods, and do research for new novels.

12. Who inspires you?

I do have a friend named Grace, who is probably the most loving and accepting person I’ve ever met. The odd thing is she doesn't know how wonderful she is.

13. Describe yourself in 3 words

Nurturing, Persistent, and Outlandish

14. Favourite colour

Purple

15. If you could have dinner with any 3 people alive or dead who would they be?

Maggie Shayne, Abraham Lincoln, Maya Angelou

16. What would I find in your refrigerator right now?

Diet Coke, drink mixers, and condiments! I need to go shopping

17. What is the last book you read?  

Haunted Salem

18. What is next to your bed at the moment?  

The dog and a Kindle.

19. What would your one “can’t live without it” item be?

Incense. It helps dilute the doggy odor.

20. Favourite Season

Summer because I can swim outside.


***
Rayna Noire is an author and a historian. The desire to uncover the truth behind the original fear of witches led her to the surprising discovery that people believed in magick in some form up to 150 years ago. A world that believed the impossible could happen and often did must have been amazing. With this in mind, Ms. Noire taps into this dimension, shapes it into stories about Pagan families who really aren't that different from most people. They do go on the occasional time travel adventures and magick happens.
Find her on-line...
www.raynanoire.weebly.com

***
Rayna has also just begun her first official book tour 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for hosting the interview. Now I am going to promote it.

    ReplyDelete