Thursday 17 October 2013

Book Review: Journey to the Dark Goddess - How to Return to Your Soul

As promised and in a refreshing change from blathering on about the books and projects I am working on, I have recently been given the opportunity to read some other people work and I would like to take the time to share this experience with you...

First up was "Journey to the Dark Goddess" by Jane Meredith.

This is a book which is long overdue, being one which takes the sometimes scary concepts of looking within oneself, of the long dark night of the soul and of the Dark Goddess herself and puts them in an accessible but beautifully written book.

 I could not put it down and devoured it in a couple of days. I then went back and read it again in a more piecemeal fashion, dipping in and out of gloriously enveloping and descriptive stories of ancient Goddesses and Jane Meredith's easy to follow rituals. Rituals which I felt had a strong grounding in reality whilst still being wonderfully mysterious and magical.

I enjoyed the layout of the book too, it being split into four sections each dealing with a different stage of the journey 

I really don't want to say too much more as the authors words speak to the reader of a deeply personal amd individual level... but I highly recommend you grab a copy for yourself...The author bares all and dares the reader to do the same!

"Journey to the Dark Goddess" is published by Moon Books and is available in paperback and ebook.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment